For over 80 years, the Hudson Garden Club in Hudson, Ohio, has been active in beautifying our community and instilling a love of gardening. We have nearly 200 members, men and women of all ages, from beginners to quite experienced gardeners, who are eager to learn more about gardening and to share what they know.
Garden Club Activities
Our club is following Covid guidelines and meeting virtually via Zoom until it is safe to meet in person again.
- The Hudson Garden Club meets one Thursday evening monthly from September through May, at a variety of locations in Hudson. The social gathering starts at 6:45 p.m., with light refreshments and the program begins at 7:00 p.m. Meetings are free and visitors are always welcome! Because our meeting locations vary, be sure to check the newsletter, website or Facebook for this month’s location.
- The highlights of our year are two special events, the Home and Garden Tour and the Garden Gathering. The Home and Garden Tour is held annually in June. The two-day event brings over 1,200 visitors to Hudson. The Tour owes its success to the tremendous support of more than 500 volunteers from the community. The Garden Gathering is held as a kick off to the Tour on the Saturday before. It is an evening benefit at a private home, not on the Tour itself, and is limited to 100 guests. Proceeds from the these two events are used to fund the planting, care, and replacement of trees and public plantings throughout Hudson; for the Genevieve Jyurovat Scholarship, offered to students pursuing an education in horticulture or environmental preservation; and for worthwhile grant projects that benefit the community and further the mission of the club.
- Adult education programs with noted horticultural guest speakers
- Field trips to botanical gardens and places of interest to gardeners
- Herb group activities and special programs
- Gardener-to-gardener workshops for beginning gardeners
- New member socials
- Children’s educational programs:
- Arbor Day programs
- Green Thumb Club
- Fall Harvest Fair
- Scholarship awards to high school graduates entering a horticultural or environmental field
- Grant program to support worthwhile horticultural and education projects
- Spring and Fall plant exchanges
- Donations for trees in the City of Hudson, Hudson City Schools and Parks
- May Baskets to community leaders, service agencies, and others
- Planting and maintenance of community gardens on, and adjacent to, the downtown Hudson Green
- Gifts of gardening books and videos to Hudson Library, school libraries and Hudson Cable TV
- Monthly newsletter for members
- Membership directory for members
- Our club is an affiliate of Holden Forests and Gardens
- Follow us on Facebook at Hudson Garden Club- Ohio