Don’t Miss Our Upcoming Events
HUDSON HOME AND GARDEN TOUR SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 16th-17th, 2023!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR for this special 75th tour!
2022 marked the 90th year that the Hudson Garden Club in Hudson, Ohio, has been active in beautifying our community and instilling a love of gardening. We have over 200 members, men and women of all ages, from beginners to quite experienced gardeners, who are eager to learn more about gardening and to share what they know. Our club is dedicated to spreading the knowledge and love of gardening, the beautification of public property and the support of education in horticultural and related fields.
Garden Club Activities
- The Hudson Garden Club meets regularly throughout the year and includes field trips, pop-up open garden visits open to members, and general meetings with speakers presenting on a wide range of topics. Some evening meetings take place typically on Thursday evening, at a variety of locations in Hudson.
- The highlights of Hudson Garden Club’s Year are two special events, the Home and Garden Tour and the Garden Gathering. The Home and Garden Tour is held annually in June. The two-day event brings over 1,200 visitors to Hudson. The Tour owes its success to the tremendous support of more than 500 volunteers from the community.
- The Garden Gathering is a benefit cocktail party usually held in June at a lovely outdoor venue where guests enjoy delicious appetizers and cocktails, entertainment and more!
- Proceeds from the these two events are used to fund the planting, care, and replacement of trees and public plantings throughout Hudson; for the Genevieve Jyurovat Scholarship, offered to students pursuing an education in horticulture or environmental preservation; and for worthwhile grant projects that benefit the community and further the mission of the club.
Other activities of Hudson Garden Club include:
- Adult education programs with noted horticultural guest speakers
- Field trips to botanical gardens and places of interest to gardeners
- Herb group activities and special programs
- Gardener-to-gardener workshops for beginning gardeners
- New member socials
- Children’s educational programs:
- Arbor Day programs
- Green Thumb Club
- Fall Harvest Fair
- Scholarship awards to high school graduates entering a horticultural or environmental field
- Grant program to support worthwhile horticultural and education projects
- Spring and Fall plant exchanges
- Donations for trees in the City of Hudson, Hudson City Schools and Parks
- May Baskets to community leaders, service agencies, and others
- Make decorative swags for Hudson’s Christkindlmarket
- Participate in Cleveland Botanical Garden’s holiday show
- Gifts of gardening books and videos to Hudson Library, school libraries and Hudson Cable TV
- Monthly newsletter for members
- Membership directory for members
- Our club is an affiliate of Holden Forests and Gardens
- Follow us on Facebook at Hudson Garden Club-Ohio