Don’t Miss Our Upcoming Events
74th Hudson Home and Garden Tour 2022 – Two Wonderful Days
June 17 and 18, 2022 – the weather couldn’t have been in better in Hudson to welcome all of you from all over northeast Ohio. Thank you so much for attending and supporting our club’s major fundraiser.
A huge thank you to all who volunteered and served on the committee to make this event possible and all seven of our homeowners who graciously opened their properties to share with all our visitors.
Your support will allow Hudson Garden Club to award scholarships, provide grants to area community organizations, plant trees, present youth programs and much more!!
Plans are already underway for 2023 and our 75th Home and Garden Tour. We hope we will see you then!!
Plant Exchanges – 2022
The second plant exchange of the year will be held at Veteran’s Way Park on:
- Saturday, September 17, 2022 – Check in will start 9 a.m., exchange opens at 10 a.m.
For over 80 years, the Hudson Garden Club in Hudson, Ohio, has been active in beautifying our community and instilling a love of gardening. We have over 200 members, men and women of all ages, from beginners to quite experienced gardeners, who are eager to learn more about gardening and to share what they know. Our club is dedicated to spreading the knowledge and love of gardening, the beautification of public property and the support of education in horticultural and related fields.
Garden Club Activities
- The Hudson Garden Club meets one Thursday evening monthly from September through May, at a variety of locations in Hudson. The social gathering starts at 6:30 p.m. and the program begins at 7:00 p.m. Meetings are free and visitors are always welcome! Because our meeting locations vary, be sure to check the newsletter, website or Facebook for this month’s location.
- The highlights of our year are two special events, the Home and Garden Tour and the Garden Gathering. The Home and Garden Tour is held annually in June. The two-day event brings over 1,200 visitors to Hudson. The Tour owes its success to the tremendous support of more than 500 volunteers from the community.
- The Garden Gathering is a benefit cocktail party usually held in June at a lovely outdoor venue where guests enjoy delicious appetizers and cocktails, entertainment and more!
- Proceeds from the these two events are used to fund the planting, care, and replacement of trees and public plantings throughout Hudson; for the Genevieve Jyurovat Scholarship, offered to students pursuing an education in horticulture or environmental preservation; and for worthwhile grant projects that benefit the community and further the mission of the club.
- Adult education programs with noted horticultural guest speakers
- Field trips to botanical gardens and places of interest to gardeners
- Herb group activities and special programs
- Gardener-to-gardener workshops for beginning gardeners
- New member socials
- Children’s educational programs:
- Arbor Day programs
- Green Thumb Club
- Fall Harvest Fair
- Scholarship awards to high school graduates entering a horticultural or environmental field
- Grant program to support worthwhile horticultural and education projects
- Spring and Fall plant exchanges
- Donations for trees in the City of Hudson, Hudson City Schools and Parks
- May Baskets to community leaders, service agencies, and others
- Make decorative swags for Hudson’s Christkindlmarket
- Participate in Cleveland Botanical Garden’s holiday show
- Gifts of gardening books and videos to Hudson Library, school libraries and Hudson Cable TV
- Monthly newsletter for members
- Membership directory for members
- Our club is an affiliate of Holden Forests and Gardens
- Follow us on Facebook at Hudson Garden Club-Ohio