Officers & Committees
President - Carla Maurer
1st Vice President
2nd Vice President - Bronwyn Pierson
Treasurer - Julie Kodatsky
Assistant Treasurer - Daniela Baloi
Recording Secretary - Carolyn Bouquot
Corresponding Secretary - Beth Lawerence
- Books - Dorothy Malpass. Selects books donated by the club to our local library.
- Civic Gardens - Sherry Beam. Plans, coordinates, plants and maintains floral displays at public gardens. Leads the BUGs in hands-on gardening in public venues.
- Field Trips - Barb Earnhardt. Chooses field ltrips and supervises the event.
- Flower Arranging - Barb Earnhardt. Plans flower arranging opportunities, floral design workshops and events.
- Gardener to Gardener - Dorothy Malpass. Experienced gardeners share expertise and support with fellow gardeners through workshops, presentations, panel discussions and fields trips.
- Grants - Janice Lindstrom. Reviews grant applications and awards grants for worthy projects that support our club mission.
- Herb Group - Sherry Beam. Works with members of the club’s special-interest group to explore the history and use of herbs.
- Historian - Documents club activities and preserves club documents, memorabilia and photos for the archives.
- Home & Garden Tour - Dawn Maloney and Camille Kuri. Plans and directs the club’s annual tour.
- Hospitality - Judy Mikita. Arranges for refreshments at our monthly meetings.
- Membership - Lois James - Welcomes members to our meetings. Updates membership and dues information.
- Newsletter - Nancy Kolodgy. Edits the monthly club newsletter and prepares it for publication.
- Programs - Bronwyn Pierson. Selects topics for monthly meeting and makes arrangements with the speaker and Laurel Lake.
- Publicity - Karen Downing. Works with social media, the local newspaper and the community television station to publicize club events.
- Scholarship - Daniela Baloi. Presents the HGC scholarship information to local schools. Selects the scholarship winners. Coordinates the annual Scholarship Reception each May.
- Trees - Marilynn Olzmann. Coordinates with the Hudson Arborist and Hudson Tree Commission on the community’s street trees and trees on school property. Provides recommendations for the club’s annual donation for tree planting and care.
- Youth - Carol Lasko. Works with Hudson Schools to hold the Green Thumb program, Harvest Fair, Daffodil planting and Arbor Day events.